Thursday, September 21, 2023

Blog #3

     Copyright is the legal right that gives the owner total authority to do what they would please with their material. They would be able to copy, distribute, use the work... etc. Fair use is an exception to copyright. It allows one to use copyrighted work without the owners consent for purposes such as teaching, news reporting, research.. etc. As a teacher, it is very hard to not have kids copy you and take your work. If they are taking notes, I would recommend they write them in their own words, or if they are writing an essay and quote my power-points or what I said in class, they should be able to cite it. That is obviously just a surface solution of the issue, but it truly is a start. 

    The two technology implementation issues I choose include were decreased productivity and cyberbullying. To begin, I am one of the students that gets distracted from being able to use technology in class, so I know this is a real issue. For this problem, I would implement that student's would have to put their phones away during the class time and pay attention.They would be able to use it when they them for an activity or an emergency. I have stopped using my phone in class as much, and while it is a little annoying, I retain the information we learned so much better. Next there I choose cyberbullying. A good way to halt this or decrease the amount of cyberbullying that happens is to create awareness in the classroom. I would inform the students that it is okay if this has happened to them and give them resources to help them. Bringing awareness to the topic would then decrease it. 

    I learned a lot of new skills from this newsletter. To begin, my favorite skill was the column tool. I just really liked that there was a feature that could enhance our newsletter and make it look more authentic. I also learned how to use word art which I thought was cool! I think I could improve my newsletter in the future by allowing myself more time to do it, and allow it to be the best of my ability. These skills could be useful in any career truly. The newsletter allowed us to explore the Microsoft Word application into depth, which is important for any track you may take. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog #10

      I enjoyed working on Assignment 5! I thought it was fun to pick whatever topic we wanted and we really got to be creative and free wit...