Thursday, September 28, 2023

Blog #4

         For the ELA technology center standards, I choose 1st grade, English Language Arts. The specific standard I am focusing on is "Standard ELA.1.R: Reading". This standard is split up into three sections including: "Reading Prose and Poetry", "Reading Informational Text" and "Reading Across Genres". Overall, the goal of this standard is to identify and describe certain words/phrases in texts, recall a text in oral form and compare and contrast two different works from the same topic. After reading and familiarizing myself with this standard, I would say I feel prepared to implement it to a class. I feel as these are basic skill sets that I have been practicing for a while now and would be able to teach it to children who have not learned it yet. 

    For this activity, I also choose 1st grade and English Language Arts. The resource I decided to use was a lesson plan, more specifically "Comprehension: The Main Event." This resource includes a game that allows students to organize the sequences of a story in chronological order. They would do this using a graphic organizer. I would use this resource because I feel as if it would be not only beneficial to the students, but since it is a game it would be fun and engaging for them. I feel as if when teaching younger children, it is important to keep them engaged, while having them also process the information they are being taught. 

    Internet searching is the act of searching for a specific outcome on the any website. This act is not only very beneficial for teachers, but as a student and a person, I use this feature a lot. Just the fact that it is so easy to search for something on the internet, and you can automatically get an answer. I think it is important to be a proficient internet searcher as a teacher, because the internet allows one to gain many resources, and these resources would be beneficial for the classroom. As a teacher, one of my favorite skills I have learned this week was when we internet searched for an image. When doing so, you can use the tools section and customize the search to be even more specific. You can choose the color and if you want it to be a gif... etc. I think this is an important and useful tools for teachers. For example, when they are making power-points or worksheets for the class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog #10

      I enjoyed working on Assignment 5! I thought it was fun to pick whatever topic we wanted and we really got to be creative and free wit...