Sunday, October 8, 2023

Blog #5

     I started using Twitter during my Junior year of high school, right when covid hit. I mainly used it to interact with my friends on a new social media platform, but to also get news on pop culture, and other peoples opinions on it. I truly used it for my own leisure. Now a days, I still have the app and my own personal twitter account, but I only use it about once or twice a month. For example, today I saw on Instagram that Spotify, the music service now has audiobooks, so I went on twitter to see everyone's opinion on that. I believe twitter can be beneficial for future careers. It can help us increase our personal learning network, and meet more people in our field. 

    The digital divide is a gap between people that have access to technology and advancements and those that don't. I would say I first noticed this divide during the time of covid. We went from having school in person to then strictly over zoom, and it was difficult for not only the teachers, but the students as well. You were required to have access to a computer and technology to be able to attend school during this time. Luckily, I didn't hear of this effecting any kids in my grade, but I can imagine how many kids struggled. I do know that the public library was open by my house, so this is a resource children were able to use. This digital divide during this time was definitely detrimental for some kids and there learning as this probably set them back in comparison to others. As a teacher, I would make sure that every kid does have some sort of way to be able to reach technology for class, if not they could be a given an alternative assignment possibly on paper. 

    I have enjoyed using canvas for our second assignment so far! It is cool to see what our teachers go through when making our class pages and assigning us work. I have struggled a bit, as it is slightly complex, from the teachers point of view, but I quickly got used to it. I feel as if it could be a bit easier to work with, especially with the rocket-ship icon on the top right corner, that got especially tricky. I do like how you can split your page into different subgroups. As a student I do believe canvas is easy to navigate, but as a teacher making the page it can get a bit confusing. As a K-12 teacher, I wouldn't see myself using canvas with my students. I was not introduced to canvas until my freshman year of college and I think that is how it should be! I would use other programs such as Edmodo, or Microsoft Teams. I could also make a newsletter weekly or monthly to send home with the children. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog #10

      I enjoyed working on Assignment 5! I thought it was fun to pick whatever topic we wanted and we really got to be creative and free wit...