Thursday, October 12, 2023

Blog #6

     Before this class, I had never heard of Diigo. At first it was intimidating, unfamiliar, and took a little bit of help to use. Once I got the hang of it, I really enjoyed it. I think it is a great resource to be able to share articles or any resources out with your peers, in a group. 

    I have enjoyed blogging so far! I think it is a great outlet to reflect on the week in the classroom. It gives us a space to give you our feedback with the assignments in the class too which is nice. It is one of the assignments I look forward too weekly! I do also really like the blogger website, it is very organized and pleasing to look at especially because we got to personalize our pages. 

    One web 2.0 tool I would use for students would be Instagram. So far in this class my main topic of interest has been English Language arts, specifically focused on the first grade. I would only use Instagram if I was teaching English to middle school or high school students. I feel as if it would be beneficial when we finish reading a book in class. I would have the kids do a project in which they choose a character from the book, and create an Instagram for them. It would allow them to really analyze the character they choose and get into their head. I choose Instagram because it is a very popular social media, and it is also very easy to use. It is one of my favorite social medias, so it would be cool to incorporate it into my classroom. I also feel as if the students would enjoy the mixture of school with one of their favorite social medias! 

https://www.instagram.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog #10

      I enjoyed working on Assignment 5! I thought it was fun to pick whatever topic we wanted and we really got to be creative and free wit...