Friday, October 20, 2023

Blog 7

 

    The school website I choose belongs to Canopy Oaks Elementary School. It is located here in Tallahassee, Florida. The schools page has a section that is dedicated to all of the teachers websites. Every teacher has identical websites, as they are just extensions of the initial elementary school page. It begins with a welcome segment, and on the left side there are different tabs that allow you to get to know the teacher, find student resources, important documents, class calendars and other resources. I think teacher websites are very informative for not only parents, but for students as well. It gives them more assets to be able to contact their teacher and to do well during the class time. 

https://www.leonschools.net/Page/2610

    I feel as if technology will be used in my classroom. The advancements that we have are allowing children to exceed and do wonders in the classroom. One that I do see myself using is the smart board. We learned about it during our trip to the technology sandbox this week. It was used to teach me in middle school and high school, but it seems as if it has been updated. I think it is a great tool, and allows teachers to share their content with their students. As well as it has different applications that are great resources for students. For example geography games, puzzles, etc... 

    For our second assignment I did not enjoy using canvas. I thought once you explained it to us, I got the hang of it, and it was perfectly fine. I just thought it was a bit complex, especially the rocket-ship icon, it really confused me. I feel as if there are other websites, that are easier to use for what we did. But at the end of the day, it was not the end of the world, and I wouldn't mind using it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog #10

      I enjoyed working on Assignment 5! I thought it was fun to pick whatever topic we wanted and we really got to be creative and free wit...